As of today, the role of hotels is not only to offer accommodation to their clients. It is becoming more and more important to offer one-of-a-kind experiences and services. Comfort, relax, quality, innovation… are some of the ideas and emotions that want to be instilled in order to create a bond between the guest and the hotel.
The figure of the consultant emerges with a view to instil these concepts in the interior design of the establishment. They are the people in charge of instilling the concept of the hotel property in the rest of agents involved in the process, so that everyone works aiming at the same objective: to offer a product of quality and exclusive to their clients.
The role of a consultant in hospitality design
Among the functions of the hotel interior design consultant, the following four are worth mentioning:
- They are the people in charge of carrying out the project coordination, supervision and organization tasks.
- They act on behalf of the property and manage with a global and integrating perspective all agents and procedures involved in the process.
- Another function of the consultant is to comply with three basic parameters during the development of the project:
- Commitment to deliver in a date established in advance.
- The materials employed must follow the quality standards agreed in advance.
- Studying which the best and more profitable offer is, considering the budget and guaranteeing the best implementation of the approved design.
- Facing an unexpected issue, they are the people in charge of offering solutions in a rapid way and at the lowest cost possible.
In Simply, we have worked as consultants with the main international hotel firms. This has been possible thanks to our experience in hospitality interior design. Our knowledge of the hospitality international sector allows us to develop large scale projects anyplace in the world.
With a view to offer a global solution, together with the role of design consultancy, in Simply we rely on the added value of having ownership-level manufacture, and we can in this way guarantee production times, as well as quality and final cost.
Logistics are another important aspect throughout the process. In the execution of a hotel project, there is a high volume of merchandise that needs to be properly managed in order to avoid unnecessary delays. In Simply, we rely on an internal logistics team that will design a bespoke plan so that deadlines come to terms with the client’s needs, and will supervise the whole delivery in collaboration with international shipping companies, in order that the delivery is fully guaranteed.
Once it reaches its destination, we rely on our own experienced technicians and engineers, who will take charge of the installation until the turnkey hotel delivery.
This way, as a hotel design consultancy firm and a company offering a global solution, we are responsible for creating an environment in which the client’s experience is highly positive and bespoke.