Beauty, refinement and functionality. These are the three main principles that should mark the interior design of a luxury hotel. When clients walk into a hotel establishment, they have to sense it in each and every detail. It is the only way to achieve a distinguishing experience, based on the guests’ wellness and comfort. To that end, there are five key concepts that always have to be taken into account:
- Differentiating design. It is essential to surprise with details, for instance by creating a contrast with textures, colors… Besides, this design must merge the values of the hotel chain with the culture of the country where the hotel is located. This is only how the creation of different and personalized designs will be achieved, as well as integrated into the environment. It is also essential that this design provides added value to visitors, by creating atmospheres, friendly zones and guaranteeing personalized experiences. A hotel is no more an impersonal place. It has now to tell a story and be a space where clients are willing to spend their time.
- Making themselves at home. One of the main movements of hotel interior design is the creation of spaces in which the client feels at home. A hotel is no longer a place of passage. It is now a place where visitors must need to spend their time. And to that end, they have to become places where comfort and wellness are sensed from the very first moment, and where travelers feel they can be part of the space. The objective is to create a one-of-a-kind environment, offer an optimal experience to the client and adapt to their needs and likings so that visitors make themselves at home.
- Functional and adaptable. When a certain traveler steps into a hotel, they want to adapt as soon as possible to the space, feel comfortable and know their way around it sans souci. That is the reason why hotel interior design must be able to mark out the space in a functional way, keeping the aesthetic component intact. Besides, it has to enable maximum flexibility in order to create a variety of atmospheres, depending on the clients’ needs, for instance by combining areas destined for a more social environment with those where more intimacy is required. This functionality must not put elegance and maximum refinement aside. It is always essential to search balance between design, innovation, environment and functionality.
- No excesses. Elegance, sophistication and quality are at odds with excesses. Luxury and refinement can be instilled in the slightest details, in the quality of materials, in the elegance of decorations or the wellness and comfort offered to clients.
- Sustainable standards and technology. The incorporation of new technologies into interior design makes more powerful the image of exclusivity, functionality and comfort. For instance, through Smart TV, the Internet of Things, presence detectors, light dimmers or roller shutters automatic systems, amongst others. Besides, technology is very useful with a view to introduce sustainable standards. International chains have increasingly more into account environmental care and energy efficiency. These are aspects that travelers highly appreciate as well.